Accounts Payable Manager- Nottingham
City and County Healthcare Group the largest provider of community-based social care services in the UK. Every day, tens of thousands of people with care needs are supported to continue living independently at home by our operating companies.
We are now looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join our Finance Shared Service centre in Nottingham.
Direct reports: Accounts Payable Administrators
Based: Cardinal House, Abbeyfield Court, Abbeyfield Road, Nottingham, NG7 2SZ
There will be a requirement for occasional travel to other business and customer (Local Authorities) sites.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Accounts Payable Department
- The developing and management of the Accounts Payable Administrators
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and that all invoices, credit notes and payments are processed accurately and promptly, within the agreed time frames
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that invoices are approved and queries resolved in a timely manner
- Verifying the set-up of all new supplier accounts and accompanying bank details
- To form positive relationships with suppliers, ensuring that payments are made within agreed payment terms
- Produce daily and weekly supplier payments, ensuring that all cash is accurately posted to the supplier accounts
- Continually develop and review the Accounts Payable policy and procedures
- Working to agreed monthly deadlines
- Ensure all invoices and credit notes received meet VAT rules and regulations
- Ensure that supplier debit balances are reviewed on a regular basis, providing full commentary for all balances at month end
- Review of Aged Creditors reports on a weekly basis, to ensure that the ledger is accurate and up to date
- Supplier statement reconciliations to be completed at month end
- Responsible for the management of all corporate cards
- Processing and payment of employee expenses to the agreed policies and time frames
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ability to oversee and manage a team in a busy environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable management role
- Good IT skills including advanced level use of Excel
- Sound decision-making skills
- Ability to influence others with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to show initiative and suggest changes for process improvements
This is a full time permanent position, with a fantastic company who promotes from within and encourages their staff to reach their full potential. Continuous training and support will be provided. If this position could be for you, please send a CV to register your interest.
CIty and County Healthcare are an equal opportunites employer.