Operations Support Manager
Salary: circa £40,000 per annum
As part of our business growth, we are looking for a results driven, experienced Branch Manager to join a highly reputable, established and rapidly expanding business. The role will be equal parts Operations Support Manager and Branch Manager to support our services around London and the South and will require flexibility to provide support to branches in need. The role will involve managing complaints, safeguarding issues, rotas and providing operational drection to staff for temporary periods to help branches deliver expectional results.
Working closely with their designated Regional Director, the role of Operations Support Manager will support the operational performance of a region by supporting specific branch managers with designated activities or providing cover for branches without a manager.
The post holder will be experienced in supporting users who have mental health, complex and general health needs.
If you are passionate about providing the best in community care, thrive on developing on your team, take pride in your compliance and want to be part of one of the UK’s most exciting business’s within Domiciliary Care, who are going from strength to strength focusing on their growth and quality of care, then this role is for you.
As Operations Support Manager your role will include the following duties:
- Peripatetic support for branches in need. Acting as a local hands-on leader where a branch manager leaves without a replacement in place.
- Day to day management of branch office, Rota’s, complaints, safeguarding
- Managing their designated branch or branches as a successful and profitable business unit in line with agreed business objectives, meeting or exceed agreed targets for growth of the business
- Managing resources within agreed budgets;
- Being aware of and monitoring achievement of applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), whether internal, regulatory or contractual;
- Maintaining management data and providing management reports to senior management as and when required;
- Participating in and contributing to strategic business planning;
- Ensuring that sufficient staff are recruited to meet service demand and planned growth;
- Supporting marketing strategy and activity;
- Contributing as appropriate to contract bids (which may include taking part in presentations or interviews);
- Implementing and maintaining effective and robust systems for administration and record-keeping in line with group policies and procedures;
- Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of invoicing, payroll and accounts payable in line with group procedures;
- Facilitating and practicing effective and timely communication, both within the group and with service users and other stakeholders;
- Maintaining appropriately accurate, secure and ordered records of all business activities in accordance with group policies and procedures and relevant legislation and standards;
- Ensuring that the requirements of information governance and data protection legislation are met in full
- Mobilising and implementing new contracts.
- De-registering and closing branches as contracts transfer out.
- Leading on integration, including TUPE for any acquisitions or disposals within the division.
- Leading on implementation projects within the division for new company processes and projects, for e.g. the implementation of a new IT system.
- Agreeing and supporting the division in any turnaround projects relating to quality, financial or other issues which are identified in conjunction with the RD and/or other support teams.
- Coaching and supporting Branch Managers to improve across all areas of performance.
- Cross functional involvement with companywide improvement projects in the areas of Quality, HR or IT for e.g.
- A successful Operation Support Manager will understand how to work with a business which is geographically dispersed across a local branch network and how to market services on a very local basis.
- They will have an understanding of the domiciliary care market. Focus on results is important as is a passion for the operational side of the business.
- They will be very hands-on. A ‘doer’ who is able to work well with and win respect from the front line of the business.
- They will be commercially aware and able to show sensible commercial judgment.
- They will need to genuinely care about our customers and employees and be able to convey that both directly and indirectly.
- They will be able to understand working in a regulated environment.
- They will have the ability to listen and work with both colleagues and front-line staff in a collaborative and flexible way – we are not seeking someone who knows it all but rather someone who can bring their operational experience to the team and show judgment in how to apply it in our business.
- They will most likely have experience in running a sizeable branch within a Dom Care business, and may well have previous Management experience.
- NVQ Level 5 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
This is a full time permanent position, with a fantastic company who promote within and encourage their staff to reach their full potential. Continuous training and support will be provided, and you will have a fantastic Senior Management Team to work alongside to grow the business and support your own career development.
London Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer and part of the CIty and County Healthcare Group.