City and County Healthcare Group the largest provider of community-based social care services in the UK. Every day, tens of thousands of people with care needs are supported to continue living independently at home by our operating companies.
Purpose of the role: To manage the billing process and the company’s cash collection arrangements through the leadership of the Accounts Receivable teams to meet agreed Day Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets and other Accounts Receivable KPIs.
Reports to: Head of Shared Services
Direct reports: 4 Accounts Receivable Managers
Based: Cardinal House, Abbeyfield Court, Abbeyfield Road, Nottingham, NG7 2SZ
There will be a requirement for occasional travel to other business and customer (Local Authorities) sites.
- Leading and supporting a team of Accounts Receivable Managers, setting appropriate objectives and managing performance using data driven metrics.
- Ensuring the complete and accurate take-on of new customer accounts from the Special Invoicing department.
- Manage the billing process, to ensure accurate and efficient billings are generated in line with contracts
- Manage the company’s cash collection arrangements, by monitoring daily cash collection targets and developing or improving processes to improve cash collection.
- Overseeing the private pay invoice to cash process, using available data to monitor and ensure compliance.
- Improving the management company debtors, through the analysis and resolution of complex invoicing queries visiting and negotiating with customers as appropriate.
- Proactive management of business critical customers and department KPIs.
- Optimize working capital by maintaining a DSO in line with agreed objectives and updating key business stakeholders on issues such as overdue and potential bad debt.
- Reviewing and control the outstanding doubtful debt for the group advising of requirement to provide or write-off debt if necessary.
- Implementing regular reporting to operational managers, alongside escalating and providing solutions to issues.
- Being a point of escalation for queries or complaints from operations or external customers.
- Develop a way of working that focuses on continuous improvement of key processes, especially those that impact on the company’s Aged Debt
- Develop, review and maintain all relevant policies for the Accounts Receivable Department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- · CICM qualification desirable
- · Excellent team management skills, with at least 5-year’s experience managing a sizable Accounts Receivable function, including setting objectives, coaching individuals and 1-2-1 reviews.
- · Advanced Excel skills.
- · Demonstrable ability to develop and maintain relationship with customers and internal key stakeholders.
- · Experience in the healthcare sector would be advantageous.
This is a full time permanent position, with a fantastic company who promotes from within and encourages their staff to reach their full potential. Continuous training and support will be provided. If this position could be for you, please send a CV to register your interest.
CIty and County Healthcare are an equal opportunites employer.