Salary: up to £30,000
Location: Home based until June 2021. The office will be in Sunderland/South Tyneside
Working Hours: Monday- Friday, 9am-5pm
City and County Healthcare Group is one of the largest providers of community-based care services in the UK. Every day thousands of people with care needs are supported to live independently at home by our operating companies.
The role of the HR Advisor is to deliver remote case management advice to line managers, supporting them through complex people matters with a focus on gaining the best outcomes for both the business and the individual.
Owing to the nature of our business we acquire a large number of contracts and staff into our workforce from other employers, hence applicants with considerable experience of large and often complex TUPE transfers would be welcomed.
You will be working as part of a large HR team and will be confident in your approach to make decisions and support managers to make sometimes, difficult people decisions.
What will your typical duties be?
- Manage a personal portfolio of cases, scheduling and prioritising activities based on the needs of each case and applicable deadlines or timescales.
- Provide expert advice with mindfulness to the organisations polices, legislation and best practice, offering a business-focused resolution to complex HR cases.
- Work with senior manager’s teams to ensure cases are managed effectively, that organisational lessons are learnt and insight shared.
- Manage own workload as well as working closely with colleagues, fostering a one team approach to delivering high-quality, professional and compliant service.
- Prepare reports and recommend procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover. Monitor and provide advice to managers on absence management.
- Seek to raise people’s management capability through coaching and the delivery of training to line managers on a range of HR related topics.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues and matters in the organisation related to HR department and interpret and advise on employment legislation.
- Support the Head of HR Services to develop, monitor and review policies in line with current legislation and best practice on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management, including staff handbooks. Liaise with legal team where appropriate.
- Provide support to managers regarding staff performance review programs to ensure effectiveness, fairness and compliance with policy and legislation.
- Maintain accurate, complete and up to date employee records regarding employee relations issues.
- Support line managers with the transfers of employment under TUPE regulations, including requesting and reviewing due diligence information, attendance at consultation meeting, preparation of letters to employees relating to the transfers
What are we looking for in the candidate?
- Minimum of 2 years HR Advisor experience in a fast paced organisation
- Experience and understanding of working in a Shared Service Centre
- Experience of working remotely and has a collaborative mind-set
- CIPD part qualified or related qualification
- Up to date knowledge of employment law
- The ability to prioritise effectively, solve problems and remain calm and professional under pressure
- The ability to work independently on caseload
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, ability to write detailed reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- This is an ideal opportunity to join a very successful company that is growing rapidly and going from strength to strength.
This is a full time permanent position, working from home until June 2021.
City & County Healthcare Group are an equal opportunities employer.