Technical Support Agent
City & County Healthcare Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of community-based social care services. Every day, our companies support tens of thousands of people with care needs to continue living independently at home.
The role will be essentially provide first line support for all IT queries. You will need strong technical background in microsoft applications and additional training will be provided on all our bespoke systems.
The successful candidate will have the motivation and drive to bring their own personaility and fresh ideas into the team and will be supported to continually build on their professional development. You will be joining a team who are passionate about learning and development opportunities, are very motivated and commited to delivering excellent customer service to our companies, to enable them to have the right IT to provide care in our communities.
If you have the technical skills and looking for a new role in a fast paced, growing organisation, then we would really like to hear from you.
The position is responsible for taking calls on the Service Desk and resolving technical or IT training issues where possible. The role will need a strong technical background and experience working with our core technologies such as Microsoft Office, Thin-Clients, Active Directory, Windows platforms, basic networking, IP addressing etc. is a must.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
City and County Healthcare Group are an equal opportunities employer.