City and County Healthcare Group is one of the largest providers of community-based social care services in the UK. Every day, tens of thousands of people with care needs are supported to continue living independently at home by our operating companies. To support the great work, we do we are looking for a Trainee Management Accountant to join us in our Nottingham office.
Base Location: Cardinal House, Abbeyfield Road, Nottingham, NG7 2SZ
Salary & Benefits: Negotiable £22,000-£24,000 salary dependent on experience, study support, contributory pension, access to C&C reward gateway discounts, cycle to work scheme, 22 days holiday plus additional birthday holiday and option to buy additional leave
- Production of monthly management accounts in the form of a MA pack including profit and loss account, balance sheet and KPI analysis on business performance for pre-determined operating Company within the reporting timetable.
- Review and analysis of monthly performance for each reporting branch within the relevant operating Company.
- Presenting the performance of each branch to your Line Manager, the Group Financial Controller and Regional Directors on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts and profit and loss account analysis on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and post month end journals for accruals, prepayments, accrued income, accrued payroll costs, depreciation & amortisation.
- Posting of weekly/fortnightly/4weekly/monthly payroll journals for employees paid by the relevant branch.
- Liaise with Branch and Regional Managers to improve performance where possible.
- Working closely with the Branch and Regional Managers to prepare the annual budget.
- Liaise with payroll, purchase ledger and sales ledger departments to ensure that all financial transactions are correctly recorded, executed and monitored.
- Liaise with auditors in the provision of information for the audit each year.
- Assist in the preparation of the year end statutory financial statements.
- Prepare and submit forms for National Statistics.
- Various ad-hoc projects required by the Group Financial Controller.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Be keen to pursue a career in accounting with a view to undertake study towards becoming a fully qualified accountant such as ACCA or CIMA.
- Previous experience in or exposure to accounting such as a placement year.
- Strong performance in numerate A levels/university degree or AAT.
- Be a team player with strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Good IT skills including intermediate level of use of Excel.
- Take responsibility of own duties and be enthusiastic to take on new challenges.
- Be well presented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a high concern of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Appreciate the demands of working in a growing business.