Care Manager - ICCM - Northampton
Salary: £23,000 - £24,000 depending on experience plus £3,000 car allowance
City and County Healthcare Group, of which ICCM is part of, is one of the largest providers of community-based care services in the UK.
Due to an increase in business an opening has arisen for an efficient, organised and experienced individual to join the team at a Care Manager level to help deliver complex health and social care to individuals living with profound disabilities in their own homes.
If you are passionate about providing the best in community care, take pride in building relationships with your staff to gain their commitment and reliability then this role is for you!
This is a great chance to be part of one of the UK’s most exciting businesses within Domiciliary Care, who are going from strength to strength focusing on their growth and quality of care.
As a Care Manager, your role will include the following duties:
- Practice within National Legislation to ensure the client's interests and well being are met and to ensure best practice is maintained in all aspects of client care.
- Liaise with multi disciplinary teams when required and ensure the safety of each client in your care.
- Promote the business and its reputation when liaising with funders.
- To ensure the safe transition of clients from hospital and to make certain a package has a fully trained team in place.
- The role will be field based and will require interaction with clients, care staff, Head of Operations, Operations Director and internal departments.
- Care Manager’s will be responsible for multiple clients.
- Care Manager’s will provide advice, support and cover within operational regions.
- To ensure that the rights of the “service user” are upheld and promoted at all times, assuring principles of choice, honesty, respect, and integrity are upheld.
- To ensure that the client is aware of all Head Office contacts and is also aware of their local office in respect of CQC (Care Quality Commission).
- Ensure client visits are conducted on a regular basis and as agreed with your direct manager and deal with any issues raised.
- To undertake monthly client reviews ensuring all completed reviews are passed to the relevant person/department to be logged.
- To strive to ensure client satisfaction, and deal with client complaints in accordance with company procedures, liaising with the Head Office as required.
- To ensure that company polices and procedures are understood and followed by your staff.
- To provide support and guidance to your staff in the completion of their duties, to coach and develop them in delivering a high quality service that fully meets the needs of our clients.
- To undertake staff reviews quarterly, including identification of training needs and ensure quality of care is sustained and to submit review documentation to Head Office.
- Produce a rota to confirm staff availability ensuring that the relevant person has been notified of any changes that require updating.
- To provide Recruitment with client specification where a new team members are required.
- To undertake return to work interviews following staff absence and take part in disciplinary procedures as required.
- Completion of client risk assessments on commencement of new care packages as per health and safety procedure.
- To fully understand the contractual agreement with clients ensuring any changes to the package is communicated to all relevant departments.
- To attend office days and meeting when necessary to facilitate the efficient operation of the business.
Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly – Essential
Able to adapt between working on own initiative to working as part of a team – Essential
Ability to work to tight deadlines/effective time management – Essential
Line Management experience - Essential
Experience in completion of client risk assessments on commencement of new care packages as per health and safety procedure - Essential
This is a full-time permanent position, with a fantastic company who promotes within and encourage their staff to reach their full potential. Continuous training and support will be provided.
ICCM are an equal opportunities employer and part of the City and County Healthcare Group.