Clinical Nurse Specialist Practitioner – (Dementia Nurse)
Salary – to £40kpa
London Care is keen to speak with Clinical Nurse Specialist Practitioners who have specialist knowledge and experience within Dementia and End of Life Services.
We have a truly unique role for an experienced nurse to support people diagnosed with dementia in in the locality of Westminster to die in their own homes. You will have a good understanding of palliative and dementia needs and a real desire to help families be supported at a difficult time. You will be supported by a Dementia Advisor and a full dedicated team in the Westminster branch.
We are the only care provider to offer this much needed service, our previous post holder won an award from Buckingham Palace which recognised the value of the work.
London Care are committed to provide this ongoing support to the people of Westminster and as such will commit to providing ongoing training and development to the successful candidate.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist nursing assessment, interventions, advice and support for service users in their own homes, their carers and families.
- Provide support, clinical advice, education and training to London Care’s staff
- Act as advocates for clients to facilitate access to services and lead on providing co-ordination of services
- Act as a consistent link with GP’s and primary health care practitioners, statutory and voluntary agencies, in order to achieve the best possible care and ensure a cohesive, holistic multi-disciplinary approach to the management of end of life care for people with Dementia.
- Assist with the development, evaluation and audit of this specialist area of practice and service
- Work towards influencing the development of the provision of palliative care for people with dementia in Westminster
- Act as a change agent across organisations in different sectors to increase awareness and change attitudes towards assessing end of life phase and giving choices about where to die.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant experience in a palliative care setting
- Experience in delivering a wide range of educational events
- Experience at Band 7
- Experience of working with older people with advanced dementia
- Experience working in community, primary and acute settings
- Diploma/Degree in palliative care or equivalent (or working towards)
- Degree level education or equivalent (or working towards)
London Care is an equal opportunities employer and part of the City & County Healthcare Group.