Posted 19 August 2019
Clinical Nurse Specialist- Domiciliary Care
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an efficient, organised and experienced NMC Registered Nurse to join a highly reputable, established and rapidly expanding Domiciliary Care Business - Help At Home.
If you are passionate about providing the best in community care, thrive on providing impeccable care, take pride in building relationships then this role is for you!
This is a great chance to be part of one of the UK’s most exciting businesses within Domiciliary Care, who are going from strength to strength focusing on their growth and quality of care.
- Practice within the Legal & Ethical framework as established by Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and National Legislation to ensure clients’ interests and well-being are met.
- To take responsibility for the clinical care of each client within your caseload, reporting to the Nurse Manager.
- To implement, assess and evaluate a care plan for each client.
- To make regular visits to each Client within your caseload to meet the clinical needs and training requirements for each package
- To take responsibility for the training and assessment of competencies for the personal assistants working within each team.
- To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team as required for each client in your care.
- To ensure best practice is implemented, and the highest standards of individualised care are met.
- Responsibility for maintaining client records within agreed standards.
- Implement, assess and evaluate a Care Plan for each client.
- Select and implement evidence based nursing interventions when appropriate to meet the individual needs of clients using National Guidance
- Ensure personal assistants and clients are able to undertake record and follow clinical guidelines for the tasks for which they have received appropriate training.
- Ensure personal assistants are fully trained and have their competency assessed for all care procedures they are required to undertake for their Client.
- Ensure the competency of all staff is reviewed and updated regularly.
- Assist in raising awareness of health and well-being, and how it can be promoted.
- As Clinical Nurse Specialist - Assist personal assistants with understanding the clients need for social interaction and support them with caring for the client outside the home environment.
- Level 1 NMC registered (Adult) Nurse
- Specialist field of practice – Domiciliary, Intensive Care Nursing, High Dependency Nursing, Spinal Injuries or Community home ventilation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent clinical care skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Management experience
- Ability to prioritise case load effectively
- Problem solving & crisis management
- Quality management
- Accurate reporting skills
- Able to promote and represent the Company in a positive and professional light
- Able to convey information clearly, follow organisational policies & procedures and produce appropriate written communication
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
Help at Home are an equal opportunities employer and part of the City and County Healthcare Group.